ULLMAN EYE CENTER
Pre-Operative LASIK and PRK Instructions
- Stop contact lenses 7 days prior to the procedure.
- Please remove all facial and eye make-up prior to coming to the
center for your procedure
- You may have a light meal or snack 1 or more hours before the procedure
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Please plan to have someone drive you home after the procedure
- You must plan to return for a post-operative appointment the day after the
Post-Operative LASIK and PRK Instructions
- You will be given several eye drops after the procedure with complete instructions. It is not unusual to experience minor discomfort the day of treatment, eg. mild foreign body sensation, tearing or light sensitivity. Use of artificial tears will usually alleviate most of the discomfort.
- Do not rub your eyes
- You will be provided with protective eyewear to use for several days after the procedure.
- You may shower or bathe afterwards, but avoid getting soapy water or shampoo in the eyes.
- Avoid pools, hot tubs or the ocean for one week.
- Do not wear makeup for one week.
- Daily fluctuations in vision are normal after treatment. In some cases vision can fluctuate for several weeks before stabilizing.
We invite you to contact the Ullman Eye Center to discuss your needs or any questions you may have. Simply complete our form, or you may send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.