ULLMAN EYE CENTER
Preoperative Instructions For Cataract Surgery
- Prior to surgery a lens calculation will be scheduled with Dr. Ullman to determine the appropriate power lens implant that will be used
- A History and Physical exam will be scheduled with your medical doctor approximately one week prior to the surgery
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight on the night before surgery. Do not eat breakfast on the morning of surgery
- Necessary medicines can be taken on the morning of surgery with a sip of water
- It is a good idea to wash your hair the night before or morning of surgery
Postoperative Instructions For Cataract Surgery
- Do not rub the eyes. You may use artificial tears or a sterile eyewash if the eyes itch
- You must place an eyeshield over the operated eye for sleep or naps for the first three days after surgery
- Mild exercise is permissible, however heavy lifting or straining should be avoided for the first week. Also avoid pools, hot tubs, or the ocean for the first week
- You will be given eyedrops to use after the procedure. Use them as directed by Dr. Ullman.
- You may resume your other medications, diet and most activities upon returning home
- You may shower or take a bath, however please avoid getting soap or shampoo in the eye
We invite you to contact the Ullman Eye Center to discuss your needs or any questions you may have. Simply complete our form, or you may send an e-mail to: email@example.com.